Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy new year

Unlike many, I declined to recap 2005, mostly because, well, it was the worst year of my life. Lots of good things happened, but it all was overshadowed by the bad. My wife and I were tempted to have a "Bite Me, 2005" party. Well, that's not exactly the name I suggested, but I think you can do the math there.

So no more 2005. We're a few days into 2006, and while they've been rainy and gloomy, nothing particularly bad has happened. So far, so good.

At the risk of sounding cliche, I'm going to try to improve my health this year. I'm not going on a full-blown diet or joining a gym, but I'm going to try to eat a little better and actually do some exercise.

I've already gone without eating fast food this year so far. I'll see how long that lasts.

As for this blog, there'll be more movie reviews (I'm up to F in Bad Movies A to Z; my goal is to finish the alphabet before the end of the year), more glimpses from years past and of course, mildly inappropriate humor.

I'll try to keep this up on a more regular basis, but life has a way of interrupting and tends to take priority over talking about toys I used to have.

More regular blogging tomorrow, so tell all your friends. Why, I bet I can crack the high double-digits for visitors this year if I try hard enough.

Here's to a fresh new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment