Monday, November 17, 2008

Halloween addendum

Managed to unearth another Halloween picture, though this was is a bit more recent than the others in last week's post.

By 1987, I was already in charge of taking my younger brother trick or treating. And if I had to schlep around town anyway, you'd better believe I was going to get some candy, so I dressed up, too.

As you can see, we staged Freddy vs. Jason years before it even hit the screen. I hadn't yet donned my sweater, because it was a bit warm. But I assure you, I was just as terrifying with my *cough* Garfield shirt.

I remember thinking my Freddy Krueger glove was pretty badass. It smelled practically toxic (new, not worn), so I'm sure the fabric was lead-infused, as were the plastic blades.

The few Freddy masks they had in the stores were pretty weak sauce, so I took an old skull mask of my uncle's and flipped it inside out to simulate burned, melty skin. It also had the benefit of allowing me to wear my glasses underneath.

No sense walking around in the dark if I can't see two feet in front of me, right?