Monday, February 13, 2012

Meet my fellow leaguers!

Hey, to follow up on last week's post about "Superman II," in case you want to see what other pop-culture junkies picked as their go-to movies, go check out these posts from my fellow leaguers, as listed on Cool and Collected.
  • Christopher Tupa is still searching for One Eyed Willie’s treasure. Be sure to check out his illustrations! (Goonies)
  • TL at the “Flashlights are Something to Eat” blog came up with one of the more obscure choices that instantly flooded me with nostalgia for summer camp. (Poison Ivy)
  • Charles Raymond at Geek Show Ink likes Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • …while Stacey Raider of Pendragon’s Post prefers the Temple of Doom.
  • Jeff Sparkman at Siftin’ gets brownie points for dressing up in tights in support of his pick. (Superman II)
  • Jason Wilson at I Fart Online was of the same mindset, but didn’t wear the tights. (Superman)
  • Justin at Generals Joes also likes his superheroes, but he’s more of a Marvel fan. (Spider-Man TV series)
  • I thought for sure that Predator was going to be the choice for Fiji Mermaid over at Sideshow Cinema but another horror movie took the honor. (Fright Night)
  • Monsterfink’s Midnight Monster Spookshow totally surprised me for NOT choosing a horror movie. (Yellow Submarine)
  • “I know you are but what am I?” Michael May’s Adventureblog chose a true icon for his movie: (Pee Wee’s Big Adventure)
  • I swear, sometimes I think Shawn Robare and I were separated at birth. Branded in the 80′s chimed in with one of my all time favorite movies. (Red Dawn)
  • Bantor2 over at Eidetic Memory brought back some serious testosterone-fueled nostalgia with his movie. (Bloodsport)
  • The Claymation Werewolf never disappoints with his unique take on pop culture. Any Johnny Utah fans out there? (Point Break)
  • Paxton Holley at the Cavalcade of Awesome chose a movie that I was sure would get several mentions. “Marty, we have to go back!” (Back to the Future)
  • The Sexy Geek’s house of Swag also has fond memories of MJ and Doc Brown. (Back to the Future)
  • In true form, Jeremy at Geek Chunks had a truly weird selection. (Weird Science)
  • Dex1138 at the AEIOU and Sometimes Why blog has seen his “Go to” movie a lot. A whole lot! (Star Wars)
  • The doubledumbassonyou blog picked a trifecta, and I can’t argue with any of them. (Big Trouble in Little China, Transformers: The Movie, and Flash Gordon)
  • Another fan of those fighting robots: Fairplay Things: (Transformers)
  • And in closing, CT from the Nerd Lunch crew has the distinction of selecting the only movie on this list that I just don’t understand. (Buckaroo Banzai)
We've got another topic to work on for next week, so at the very least, I'm moving back up to weekly blog updates! Miraculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment