Tuesday, October 25, 2005

But, I'm funny how? Funny like a clown? I amuse you?

Old clowns never die, they just leave greasepaint on your bumper.

-- Jeff Sparkman


Like some people, I do not like clowns.

Not because they wear strange clothes, and not because they are staggeringly unfunny. In fact, there are quite talented clowns out there who have a strong dedication to their craft.

Why do clowns bug me? Because they think they have the power to force you to smile or appear happy. If you don't laugh at a clown, this somehow makes you a humorless ogre.

Maybe I don't want to smile. Did that occur to you, Mr. Clown? I bear you no ill will. Just let me maintain my non-smiling demeanor until such time that merriment is appropriate.

What if the police used armies of clowns as behavior-modification forces?

"They're rioting down at City Hall!"

"You know what to do, Clancy. Send in the clowns."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:45 AM

    LOL!! Just your intro grabbed me - "I amuse you?" I always get nervous when I hear those lines!

    Yes, your asumption is correct. Clowns don't need billy clubs. They have those maniacal happy faces and red rubber bike horns. I am afraid, very afraid. :-{

    ReplyDelete