Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My favorite ornament

For Christmas, I tried something new. Sculpting with Sculpey polymer clay.

My sculpting experience was limited pretty much to the Play-Doh Fun Factory (and one or two tries with the Fuzzy Pumper Barber Shop), so I wasn't sure how my project would turn out.

My goal was to make a Christmas ornament in remembrance of our son Harry. I drew up a little cartoon version of my little Wookiee that I liked, so I tried to translate that into clay.

If you do the math, it looks a little like this:

Fisher-Price Little People + Willow Tree figurines + Chewbacca =



It's not perfect, but I like it a lot and it looked cool up on the tree.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:09 AM

    I think it's awesome, Jeff! It's a touching tribute to a beautiful little boy, and all the more special because you made it!

    ReplyDelete