Friday, March 24, 2006

What about the Twinkie?

I saw this at Junk Food Blog, and it made my morning.

I know, it's only a bit after 7 here, but I've been up since 2:30, so there.

Banana Creme Filled Twinkies!

Ever since I found that Twinkies were originally filled with banana creme (I was doing a report on the food groups), I always wondered what that would taste like.

They should be on store shelves now, so we'll see if I can find them and try them out before their limited time is up.

It's a tie-in with the DVD release of "King Kong," which, like every movie since "Batman Begins," I have yet to see.

The last time they had a King Kong movie, the ill-fated "King Kong Lives," with Linda Hamilton, I thought I had the perfect product tie-in.

Pez dispensers.

Check it out -- this is sort of how it could've worked had they consulted me and planned it ahead of time:

1. Early in movie, have a scene where Kong sees a kid with a soldier Pez dispenser. He sees the kid pull the head back and grab some candy. Maybe even throw in a funny reaction from Kong.
2. Later in movie when encountering soldiers, Kong remembers the Pez dispenser. He tries to flip the guy's head back, but there's no candy. Kong sad.

3. Have tie-in dispensers with packs of white and red Pez.

In my defense, I was 12. But you'd definitely remember the movie, wouldn't you?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:34 PM

    I got some of the banana filled twinkies!!! The only problem is that you can barely taste the artifical bananas.

    ReplyDelete