Thursday, April 03, 2008

Trying out a few things

Blogger is offering a few new gadgets and whatnot, so I thought I'd give a few a try.

1. If you just can't live without me...
Now you can easily subscribe to the blog (or the comments) with the click of a button. Chances are you already know how to do this, but every time is someone's first time, so I thought I'd add it.

2. Blogger Play
It's just a box that cycles through the latest pictures to be added to Blogger. I dunno. Some people like pretty pictures. When it bores me, I'll probably remove it. Unless I forget about it.
Buh-leeted. Let's see if that was the one bogging it down...

3. Search the site
Now, with the help of the little box at the bottom, you can search anything mentioned on the site, or linked to from the site. I haven't had a chance to try it out, so let me know if it's worth keeping.

4. New YouTube vids at the bottom
I usually have the video feed at the bottom pull in stuff tagged "classic commercials," but I've updated it to pull in videos uploaded by bobcnn, a YouTube user who has uploaded tons of sheer TV awesomeness. Check it out.

5. Publish in the future
Finally. Sometimes, I actually have "real-life" stuff to do, so I don't get a chance to post a blog until the very end of the night. Now if I get ahead, I can just set it and forget it. I'm actually testing this right now. This should publish the morning after I'm writing this.

So, if you have any requests or comments, just let me know, and if you aren't a jerk, there's a good chance that you'll get what you ask for. Thanks again to everyone who reads and comments and doesn't tell me how much I suck.

1 comment:

  1. Not to be too critical, but it seems like the new widgets really slow down the page load time. :(

    ReplyDelete