Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Catching up

Sometimes I love the Internet. I mean, aside from sucking time from me by teasing me with funny pictures of cats or openings to old TV shows, it actually is kinda useful every now and then.

For example, without the Internet, there's a very good chance that I would not have had lunch today with a former teacher of mine.

But the Internet does exist, so that's what I did today. It was awesome to see my teacher again after over 20 years. Lest you think I'm super ancient, I should point out that he was my sixth- and seventh-grade teacher.

We talked about stuff that happened back then; various field trips that went mildly awry (at least one of those trips is a post in itself), former classmates, stuff like that.

In our initial contact, I apologized for being such a pain in the ass as a kid; he graciously told me that wasn't necessary. It was; I was awful. Thankfully in the 20-odd years since then I've become much better.

Or something.

We also caught up on what we're up to now and stuff like that. It was really cool; it's not something you expect to do all that often, just because people move away, etc, but it's nice that it does happen.