Thursday, July 17, 2008

OM NOM NOM NOM

Every now and then I get struck by inspiration. While talking to a friend at work yesterday about the natural splendor of Count Chocula, I had an idea.

Make Rice Krispies Treats, but instead of Rice Krispies, use Count Chocula. So I took the standard recipe, swapped in the best cereal ever, and voila, the greatest snack ever conceived.

The recipe calls for 6 cups of Rice Krispies, but since Count Chocula is bigger, I didn't use as much. I just kept pouring the cereal into the melted marshmallow mixture until it looked about right.

I brought some to work, and the unanimous opinion was that they are damned tasty.

I foresee some more cereal experiments: Fruity Pebbles, Crunch Berries, and Cinnamon Mini-Swirlz are a few of the candidates. I'll keep you posted.