Thursday, March 13, 2008

Woo-hulu

Well, Hulu is now open to the public, and in addition to the TV shows available to watch for free, they've got some movies, too.

So you can watch All Dogs Go to Heaven and All Dogs Go to Heaven 2, but there's also The Big Lebowski, The Jerk, and Three Amigos.

On the TV show front, you can watch The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Office, What's Happening and What's Happening Now. I've also watched a few episodes of Benson.

Not in the background while I'm at work, though. That would be wrong; multitasker or not.

It's not perfect; I can't think of very many situations where I'd want to watch clips of movies or shows rather than the whole thing, so that part is fairly useless for me, but it's another step toward my dream of on-demand TV from a giant pool of programming.

CBS is getting in on the fun, putting up all the episodes of Star Trek online, as well as a few other shows.

I'm hoping more networks get with this program; it seems like an easy way to gauge interest in various programs for DVD release. Sure, I can watch any episode of Star Trek for free on my computer now, but I still prefer watching TV on my TV. I'm weird that way.

Oh, and one more thing I just noticed. You can embed stuff, too:

1 comment:

  1. Cool! They have The Usual Suspects! I don't know why I love this movie, it's too smart for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete