Friday, August 19, 2005

Goin’ down the only road I’ve ever known


According to this site, it would take 314.31 cans of Wild Cherry Pepsi to kill me from the caffeine.

That sounds like a lot of soda, but I'm a little worried. I don't drink Wild Cherry Pepsi in cans; I go for the 24 oz. bottles. I could do the math, I suppose, but I like living on the edge.

(via Metafilter)




I know I should be outraged that grown adults would stoop to such unprofessional behavior, but I couldn't help giggling when I read about this. It wasn't the first derogatory name in this story that made me snicker, but the second one.

I'm forever 11, what can I say? My brother may just have a new nickname next time I see him...

(via Boing Boing)




I've been reading "For Better or For Worse" for a long time, and the current storyline has a lot of people talking. Lately, I find myself holding off on reading the strip until I read Gael's summary.




While perusing the toy section at Target yesterday (for my son, not me...), I saw a game that I might just have to pick up: The I Love the 80s trivia game. Of all the useless knowledge stored in my brain, stuff about the 80s occupies the largest chunk.

From what I saw on the back of the box, though, some questions require you to sing. With my luck, I'd have to sing "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake, thus putting me in a dilemma.

Torn between my desire to win and my not wanting to admit I know the words...

Meh.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:38 AM

    "like a drifter on the road, i'll always be alone..." come on admit you kinow the words and loved watching miss kitean wiggle around on the hoods of those cars. I'd challenge any 80s fan not to sing the words and remember the days of big hair and bigger egos.

    Love your site!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:24 PM

    It took me a minute, but I figured out what song it was before I got to that part of the blog. LOL Whitesnake... gotta love them!

    ReplyDelete